As the name says, this is my “go-to” cookie that is great for impressing guests, and is super easy to make. I always use natural peanut butter – smooth or crunchy. I found this recipe in The Toronto Star about five years ago.
These are great! Sometimes if we’re lucky, we’ll get a care package of these brought up to the fourth floor. They’re such a good mid-afternoon snack when we need a break and a bit of a sugar hit.
1/2 cup each white and brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup each flour and oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 ounces chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
1. Beat sugars and butter until fluffy.
2. Add peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
4. Add mixed dry ingredients to butter and sugar mixture.
5. On a lightly greased cookie sheet (or lined with parchment paper), drop tablespoon-full balls of cookie dough, three inches apart from one another.
6. Bake at 375 degrees Celsius for eight to 10 minutes.
Photo credit: dietdessertndogs.com