Like tons of people in the city, once the air starts getting a little cooler at the end of the summer, we can’t help but feel a little je ne sais quoi. We’re counting down the days for one of our favourite times of the year, TIFF, officially beginning September 8.
- Gord Downie closing out Festival Music House last year, playing a solo set to a few hundred lucky people.
- Oprah literally shutting down all of Yorkville when she attended the ONEXONE party in 2009.
- Julian Schnabel conducting interviews in his silk pyjamas while in town promoting The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.
- Sarah Ferguson’s (a.k.a. the original Fergie, the Duchess of York) six Blackberries – each one is for a different business/charity/personal function and they were carried around in a custom-made Louis Vuitton case that accommodated all six.
- Being at the same party (for Burn After Reading) as Brad Pitt, Mark Ruffalo, the Coen Brothers, Jeremy Piven and Frances McDormand and realizing there was no VIP section. Because of course, the whole party was VIP (so how did we get in?).