The fourth floor is such a fun place to be that we always have guests. Friends, clients and family members visit, curious about what’s happening up here.
We were über-excited that our good friend, lucky penny, stopped by. The stylish blogger was kind enough to share her top Toronto spots with us.
lucky penny was strolling along queen (translation: window shopping) when she found herself at the corner of bathurst. smoke’s poutinerie was on her right (poutine is her kryptonite), but her lovelies at rock-it were on the left – aaaand it’s still bikini season. *wink*
the girls gathered around gabbing about their long weekend adventures, boys, and their favourite things. lucky penny was quick to share her “top five” obsessions de jour at the water cooler:
1. eat – it is no secret, if you frequently read her musings, that the hoof café takes the top spot! their brunch menu is to die for (caesars and french toast with foie gras is her regular). there is only one more sunday and monday left to savour their friend, chicken biscuits and slaw for dins. trust.
2. drink – lucky penny has a *severe* addiction to butter tarts, and the best in the city are by circles and squares at dark horse cafe. her sweet tooth is often accompanied by a hot cup of cocoa, and the coffee shop is the perfect place for work meetings.
3. pamper – it could be the delightful fragrance almost good enough to eat, or simply how soft her skin feels. lovefresh body goodies is all natural and canadian. the skincare line features body butter, washes, lip balms, and sugar scrubs in eight sinful scents. pomegranate is her favourite.
4. shop – this store has it all! the drake general store has something for her, cute boyfriend and everyone else on her gift-giving list. she absolutely loves her “longer days mean shorter skirts” tee by shared.
5. travel – lucky penny counts florence, london, maui, new york and paris amongst her perfect jetset destinations. but a recent road trip to chicago with her boy bestie quickly added this gorgeous metropolis to her list. architecture, cuisine, shopping and culture won the twosome over.
Thank you for helping us spend our hard-earned cash, lucky penny. 😉 We can’t wait for you to come back again!