LG Fashion Week beauty by L’Oréal Paris is here! In case you couldn’t tell, we’re excited. We like the fashion, ideas, creativity, beauty and ugly-pretty (you know what we mean). We also like the craziness and madness that goes with working with a production of this size. It’s energizing.
This year, LG Fashion Week beauty by L’Oréal Paris is at the gorgeous Heritage Court, and has some very exciting new, as well as veteran, designers on the runways. We’re looking forward to all of them.
Here are some things you may not know about LG Fashion Week beauty by L’Oréal Paris:
1. There is an extremely cool design collective showing, featuring the fashions of hip young Toronto designers. The collective is helping these up-and-coming designers show at LG Fashion Week. They will put on a stellar show.
2. Coco Rocha is coming.
3. All of the shows will be live-streamed here. So, if you can’t make it, you can still watch the models stomp it out.
4. Not a designer, media member or VIP? Not to worry! You can still come – tickets are available to the public. Buy them here.
5. Dare to Wear Love, the closing night show, is presented by Hoax Couture and the Stephen Lewis Foundation. Proceeds go to the Stephen Lewis Foundation, which helps fund grassroots organizations in Africa fight HIV/AIDS. The night features African-inspired fashion, music and dance – and you can go. More to come in a blog post this week!
6. This is the TWENTY-THIRD season. That’s a lotta fashion.
7. This year, there are four spaces within the Fashion Environment for designers to show in, at Heritage Court. Not everyone needs to do a runway show – some of the rooms are smaller and treat the designs and models more like installations. Cool.
8. LG Fashion Week beauty by L’Oréal Paris is the second largest fashion week in North America.
9. Phillip Bloch will read an excerpt from his new book, The Shopping Diet.
10. Robin Kay is rarely seen without her two Maltese puppies, Gracie and Lulu.